Sunday 11 January 2015

Cosy Time In: Winter


“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” ~  Edith Sitwell

As I previously shared with you how I like to spend my October Sundays, I thought it would be a good idea if I turned this into a series of posts. Personally, I do consider winter time as the cosiest time of the year, so I really hope you enjoy this cosiest of posts.

Pampering



No Sunday post of mine would be complete without a bit of pampering. Certainly not one that is dedicated to cosy winter days in. This January I have chosen to rely on the Body Shop - this rich Vanilla Brulee shower gel from their Christmas collection is simply divine. I am a huge fan of vanilla scents, plus I happen to love Crème brûlée, making this one the perfect shower gel for me (the only downside being it makes me very hungry for a dessert). Add to that a Peach Vineyard body scrub and a delicious chocolate lip butter, and my day is totally made!

The Food

Speaking of sweets, I definitely indulged into this sweetest part of life over the Holidays...When desserts talk, words are unnecessary. So, here is what I enjoyed most...


Some lovely herb tea with lemon and a homemade cake (my grandma spoiled us as always!).


Homemade 'peaches', courtesy to my other grandma (the honey and lemons in the background prove we did, indeed, have lots of tea).


The first dessert I had in 2015 is officially this lovely biscuit cake - I am sure you do understand that sugar was much needed after the heavy celebrations?

The Drinks


 To me, winter just screams wine and hot chocolate...sometimes both at the same time.

Also, I got to try this lovely hot chocolate+biscuits concoction...





The Book(s)


Ah, the scent of new books on a Sunday morning! As I was shopping the other day, I picked up those two beauties: Jessie Burton's The Miniaturist and Liane Moriarty's The Husband's Secret. Both books turned into bestsellers, both were really hyped about last year, both are into my hands now. Naturally, reviews coming up as soon as I finish them...


The View


As me and my boyfriend were back at mine for the holidays, we got to experience both the warmth of the sun and the coldness of the snow. Here is what Bulgaria looked like, when we went there over Christmas:


So, what about you? Do tell me how you like to spend your cosy winter Sundays in (or out?).

P.S. Yes, this post made me hungry.

No comments :

Post a Comment